The PEI Business Women’s Association is launching an exciting new expansion to better serve rural women business owners and professionals in the form of a Rural Women’s Business Centre located in Central Bedeque. This initiative will support Island business women in rural PEI by enabling PEIBWA to offer training; promote networking and mentoring; establish co-working space and advisory services; and help advance a thriving rural business environment.
PEIBWA is seeking a professional and entrepreneurial team player to serve as the inaugural manager of the Rural Women’s Business Centre. This position reports to the Executive Director Margaret Magner.
Education and Experience
- Degree in business administration or a relevant field of study from a recognized university. An MBA degree is preferred.
- At least five years of increasingly more responsible experience managing a business.
- Experience in the promotion and marketing of business support and professional development programs to the community.
- Experience in the development and implementation of activities and events for women business owners and professionals.
- Experience in working with economic development concepts, programs and networks, preferably in Atlantic Canada.
- Experience in delivering business advisory services and entrepreneurship counselling.
- Facilitation and workshop skills/experience.
- Experience in managing resources.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of the region's business environment, economic challenges and opportunities and their impact on economic growth.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices related to business management, market and financial analysis.
- Knowledge of the challenges experienced by women business owners and professionals.
- Ability to identify, analyze and resolve complex issues.
- Ability to initiate, evaluate and manage projects.
- Ability to build coalitions amongst stakeholders.
- Ability to identify and respond to the business and professional development needs of PEIBWA members and grow membership.
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment.
- Ability to take initiative.
- Ability to coordinate and plan information sessions and workshops.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Essential computer skills for word processing, maintaining client records, preparing presentations and producing handout materials.
- Ability to maintain an effective, confidential and accountable filing system.
- Media and public relations experience; understanding of social media marketing, platforms and strategies.
- Bilingualism (an asset).
This position will be primarily based in the Central Bedeque location, although workspace will be provided in the Charlottetown office, as well. The Manager will need to attend meetings in the Charlottetown office as required. The Manager will be expected to travel throughout the province at times and extended hours of work will be required. Other duties may be assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualified applicants should forward an electronic resume and cover letter to Margaret Magner, Executive Director, PEI Business Women’s Association HERE. For more information, send an email in confidence to email@example.com with “Rural Women’s Business Centre Manager” in the subject line.
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY, JULY 26th, AT 2:00PM ADT.
Thank you to all who apply; however, only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.