PEI Business Women’s Association is seeking a Programs and Events Assistant as part of the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Working from the Charlottetown office, this is an 8 week, 35 hour per week position, dependent upon eligibility for the Canada Summer Jobs Program. Eligible candidates must be between 15 and 30 years old and be legally entitled to work in Canada. International students are not eligible.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Assist in the development and updating of PEIBWA’s marketing and communications materials, including website updates, event announcements, advertisements, newsletters and social media.
- Support the monitoring and measurement of marketing activities.
- Provide support for programs and events, including workshops, the annual Spring Symposium and networking events.
- Support the ongoing maintenance of the membership and events database.
- Support general office procedures.
- Work safely at all times and report unsafe activities immediately to your supervisor.
- Capacity to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Working knowledge of computer software such as Microsoft Office Suite and various presentation, graphics and web software applications.
- Ability to communicate with a wide range of stakeholders, including staff, members, sponsors, volunteers and service contacts.
- Ability to prioritize and to redefine priorities when required.
- Willingness to take direction and desire to learn.
Qualified applicants should forward an electronic resume and cover letter to Sparrow McGowan, Events and Communications Officer, PEI Business Women’s Association HERE. For more information, send an email in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Programs and events assistant” in the subject line.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MONDAY, JUNE 24TH, 2019 at 4:00pm ADT.
Thank you to all that apply; however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted.