The PEI Business Women’s Association is seeking an enthusiastic and qualified team player as the Education and Engagement Officer to coordinate education projects across PEI and actively engage the Association’s membership. Working from the office in Charlottetown, this is an indeterminate, full-time position, dependent upon funding, salary to be determined based on experience and qualifications. Reporting to the Executive Director, the following are the responsibilities of this position:
1. Oversee the day-to-day assigned education and training project activities and related content development
2. Engagement of and outreach to membership, including survey development and consistent branding
3. Promote education, training and other events to the membership through marketing and social media communications
4. Complete assigned project tasks, monitor project progress and ensure deadlines are met
5. Gather project statistics as directed, establish and maintain spreadsheets
6. Conduct statistical analyses and research to determine effectiveness and cost of education activities
7. Provide input and oversight to the development of projects and work plans
8. Report in a timely fashion on assigned activities to the Executive Director
9. Outreach and build relationships with education stakeholders as required
10. Engage, develop and maintain valuable relationships with education partners
11. Deliver presentations at conferences, workshops and in communities when directed
12. Plan and coordinate meetings and events
13. Attend meetings and events when required
14. Assist Executive Director with research and preparation of communications, reports, and position papers
15. Review education issues to keep association informed on trends
16. Review education initiatives and respond as needed to information requirements
17. Identify funding sources
18. Prepare communications, briefing notes, and presentations
19. Prepare summaries and products to support managers25. Other duties as required by the Executive Director.
20. Assist with the development of marketing material and outreach for program delivery
22. Recruit, train and oversee volunteers as required
23. Maintain an effective, confidential and accountable filing system
24. Some travel throughout the province at times and extended hours of work may be required
Education officers are tasked with encouraging people to participate in learning programmes and skills development activities, which they previously may not have been able to pursue for a number of reasons.
The officer ensures educational programs meet with standards and quality of performance. Development plans for education services are made by the officer through research methods, surveys, talks, seminars, courses, meetings and demonstrations. Educational resources are developed, prepared and managed by educational officers. Training and staff development also are prepared by these officers.
Formal Education/Training Required:
Degree or diploma in business administration, marketing and communication, or a relevant field of study from a recognized university or college.
At least 5 years of related experience in business, marketing and communication, or market research.
Qualified applicants should forward a current resume and cover letter to Margaret Magner, Executive Director, PEI Business Women’s Association HERE. For more information, send an email in confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Education and Engagement Officer” in the subject line.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS FRIDAY, JUNE 29, 2018, AT 2:00 P.M.
Thank you to all that apply; however, only those that are selected for an interview will be contacted.